IRS Tax Tip


Tips for Deducting Charitable Contributions

IRS Tax Tip 2006-57

When preparing to file your federal tax return, donít forget your contributions to charitable organizations. Your donations could add up to a sizeable tax deduction if you itemize on IRS Form 1040, Schedule A.

Here are a few tips to ensure your contributions pay off on your tax return.

For more information, check out Publication 526, Charitable Contributions, which is available at or by calling 1-800-TAX-FORM (1-800-829-3676).